Sunday, March 19, 2017

March 19, 2017

Why am I here?

Like so many, I ask this question nearly daily, and the answer never seems to fully form itself. Am I a witness to the mayhem? Am I doing enough to quiet the fray? Am I a source of bother rather than help? Do I even have the necessary skills to do anything at all?

Today, I am choosing to put my best voice forward, for myself and the world. I sat at Mass this morning and listened hard to the readings. They were a call: a call to me to come to the forefront and speak, but more than that, a call to ACT.

Why am I here?

I am here of my own volition. There are times in my life when I thought "Time to go; I'm done."  There are times when I attempted to end my life. There are times when I wanted to end my life, but sought help instead. I am here because I CHOSE to be. I am seeing more and more now that my life is truly MY CHOICE. God gave me this life again and again, and he gave me the free will to choose to take it up again, even when my brain was encouraging me to refuse.

I have been given and chosen life, and now more than ever, people need to know that they are not alone, that they have choice, that they are called to live their own choices.

March 30th is World Bipolar Day.  In sight of this, I encourage everyone to do as I am doing, in educating themselves about Bipolar Disorder and ALL mental illness. Let's stop being afraid and start a conversation. Let's show people they are not alone in their journey.

Let's speak, act, and show the world why we are here: to love and help each other. 

6 comments:

  1. ...to love and to be loved. I started to spell loved as "looved", I'm such a Brit. Jersey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Laura for your honest post! One voice at a time, we can maybe start examining the stimgmas we place on ourselves and break the barriers in society! Thank you for bringing awareness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you really try to end your life?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous, I did, twice, when I was a young woman. But I need to take the lessons I learned from those experiences. I was loved deeply and helped greatly each of those times. I have to take that love and keep it close as I try to do more for others.

      Delete
  4. sad and happy at the same time to read your article...sad that you felt like that and happy that you are coping well...good luck for all future activities and all good and bad days...take care, jay

    ReplyDelete
  5. to love and to be loved. I started to spell loved as "looved", I'm such a Brit. Jersey.



    ** goldenslot mobile**
    ** สล็อต ออนไลน์ ได้ เงิน จริง**

    ReplyDelete