Thursday, February 19, 2015

A passing Thursday afternoon...

My Thursdays are kind of awesome. My good friend has a bookstore in downtown Concord (come see us at Barrow Bookstore!), and I get to come help out for the afternoon. Today as I was sitting and waiting on customers, the following came to me as a little spurt of creativity. Hope you enjoy, gentle readers. 

Untitled 
Snow like eyelashes escaped,
A door to keep it from me,
Surrounded by well-meaning paper,
And all I see is the probability. 

The probability of the slush on the ground,
The probability that the door may open,
The probability that some bit of dust will keep the paper company. 

Snow that smiles as it falls,
The door that stalwartly stands,
The paper questioningly waiting,
And all I taste is new beginnings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment