Monday, January 19, 2015

Untitled Poem

Hello, gentle readers. I almost never write poetry. When snippets pop into my head, they feel false, and I can never tell if they are truly poetry or just my brain's attempt at lyrics. The following came pretty fast and flowing last week in the hospital, so I thought I'd throw it up here and see what it looks like on this page. 

I think it's safe to say I'm letting my 17 year old self out for a minute, but there you have it. 

Enjoy???

Untitled
Moments so deep they won't subside,
Breaths full of anger and shame,
Pulling & stretching, breaking & searching,
Nowhere to hide but inside the flame. 

Ribbons of pain stream through the trees,
They catch the light of my tears,
Razors cut paths through memory,
Flesh tells stories out of school. 

Take this hand and know its truth,
Let it guide you down the hall,
Each room you pass shows something new,
Something closer to the fire I know. 

2 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing it, Lau.It's jarring but so deeply personal you see the beauty within the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, Since so much of your writing has a poetic quality anyway, it comes as no surprise that this is quite wonderful. Thanks for sharing it, and, by the way, I can almost hear you singing it -- plaintively. Jaylyn

    ReplyDelete