Saturday, October 11, 2014

Rain, rain, go away.....

..... come again another day.....

Here I sit in the middle of the Occupational Therapy room at Emerson Hospital, waiting for 1pm to arrive.  I have been here now for 3 weeks, and it looks like I'll be here for at least 4 before I'm allowed to go home for good.

1pm is when Paulie is coming to pick me up, and I have a pass home for 6 hours.  We are going to Momma and Dad's, where the rest of the Grande clan will be waiting to have a nice visit.

The interesting thing about this stay in the hospital is that I have some memory loss because of all the ECT treatments thus far, so I'm not sure exactly how my life will pick up again when I'm home to stay.  I know that I want to sing a lot more, as well as write, and that my thoughts will take some time to come back together. I have a sneaking suspicion, though, that this will all be for the better once I'm home, especially with the results of the ECT.  I feel like a million bucks the day after each treatment. The day of each treatment I don't, and I know that's because the medication they give me to sleep makes me depressed that day, but once it's out of my system I feel great.

I suppose there isn't much more for me to say.  I'm excited to see my family, and I'm hopeful that the treatments will continue to make me feel well and things will improve more and more.

Little Laura wants to play, Rain rain go away....

No comments:

Post a Comment